For instance, one obvious reason why lawyers are important is to prevent innocent people from being executed or to prevent people from being executed who were convicted and unjustly sentenced to death under the Law of Parties even though they did not themselves kill anyone.
Prizes will be awarded in three categories 1) a $500 scholarship for entrants younger than 18; 2) $500 cash for entrants 18 and older; and 3) $500 cash for the People’s Choice Award. Contestants can post their videos at www.youtube.com/group/texansonjustice. The deadline for entries is April 1.
$500 scholarship for under 18 winner / $500 cash prizes for 18 and over and the People's Choice Award
(One video from among all categories will receive a “People’s Choice” award, based on the total number of views on YouTube between January 15, 2010, and the day the State Bar submits the videos for judging.)
Winners also receive an expenses-paid trip to the awards presentation in Austin in April 2010
Starting Jan. 15, 2010, upload your video to our 2010 Contest Group on YouTube
Create a 30-second video, similar to a public service announcement, that answers one of these questions:
This contest is open to residents of Texas and attorneys licensed to practice in Texas.
1. Read and agree to the contest rules.
2. Make a video. Be creative!
3. Complete our online entry form starting on Jan. 15, 2010.
4. Submit/post your video to www.youtube.com/group/texansonjustice starting Jan. 15, 2010. Videos must be 30 seconds long or less. The deadline for entries is April 1, 2010.
5. Mail an original copy of your video on DVD or videotape to YouTube Contest, c/o State Bar of Texas, Attn: Judy Marchman, 1414 Colorado St., Austin TX 78701. Include your name and YouTube username on the copy.
If you are under the age of 18, be sure to submit a signed parental permission form